Documentary Screening:"Back To Square One? Fifty Years After Emmett Till"
Yes, this week will be the official, red-carpets and rhinestones premiere of my new documentary, "Back To Square One? Fifty Years After Emmett Till."
It's all about 1- the case of Emmett Till, a 14-year old boy who was murdered when he whistled at a white woman; and 2- racism in America today, what with all of this Hurricane Katrina/FEMA ridiculousness, as well as the even-more-silly "Bling Ban," whereby NBA players aren't allowed to wear sneakers in the stadium! (Entry on this coming soon.)
The "topic sentence," if you will, of the big show is that, even though we don't have white people being acquitted in the murders of black people (as was the case in the Emmett Till trial), racism is still alive and well in the States.
At any rate, as I write this, my other computer is rendering my newest documentary, which is a part of my human rights documentary series. (More on that in a bit, too, since I haven't decided on a title just yet. Actually, I have, but it's just so corny that I can't, in good conscience, share it just yet. Hmph.)
Anyway, video files of "Back To Square One" coming soon!
Salaaaaamzzzzz,
(signature file)
Sally Bishai
Editor-In-Chief
:.X:.Culture Magazine
www.xculturemag.com (this would be a link)
The Copt-X Fellowship
coptx.xculturemag.com (this is a non-working link)
Editor-In-Chief
:.X:.Culture Magazine
www.xculturemag.com (this would be a link)
The Copt-X Fellowship
coptx.xculturemag.com (this is a non-working link)
Comments