Wikipedia--Credible Source?

I've always been suspicious of Wikipedia's validity.

Anything with an open source, or with "instant publishing," is suspect, to my mind.

And not just because I'm an Egyptian.

After all, can't anyone just come along and muck things up? Of course they can. No quality control, no fact-checking, etc.

And that's when everyone's playing by the rules.
(ie, this is to say nothing of bored 13-year-olds--and 30-year olds--who feel like making mischief.)

My suspicions have been confirmed today; I just read that a Wikipedia "joker" apologizes for phoney online bio .

Apparently, he attributed Kennedy's murder to a journalist.

I can't wait to see what happens to Wikipedia now, but the incident (and I'm sure there are dozens of others that haven't yet come to light) makes me wonder.

Especially since they have an entry on me (and I don't want to know how they got their information)! Have a look: Sally Bishai on Wikipedia.

Interesting, they have me down as a 'prolific' writer.

They also have links to 2 of my books and X Culture Magazine .

They also have me down on the list of Famous Egyptian Americans , oddly enough.

They also heard about my documentaries--does that mean they read X Culture Magazine or my famous blog, The AntiSocialite.

Sigh. I should watch what I say, then; someone
could , after all, link me to Kennedy's assasination! (And I wasn't even born then!)

Comments

Popular Posts