Answer To # 10 In The Arab Quiz (NO CHEATING!)
If you're reading this, I fully expect you to have actually finished the quiz, or else I'm calling your mother and telling on you.
(Yalla! Scroll up and take the quiz and then come back here. I'm watching you...)
Dana International (Ariel) is a singer who was banned in Egypt.
Dana is a Yemeni Jew (like Ofra Haza) who sings in The Worst-Accented Arabic In All The World (like Dalida, Allah yerhamha, whom I adore), and who dresses in women's clothes (like Dennis Rodman).
Actually, last I heard, "she" was getting ready for a "gender-reassignment" operation..
This is actually the reason "she" was banned from Egyptian nightclubs (are there even Egyptian nightclubs? Like the ones in the States, I mean? God forbid...!), despite some excellent songs, like Ani Lo Yechola Biladecha, Cinque Milla, Saida Sultana, Diva, Magnona, Woman In Love (yes, the one by Barbra), and Free.
(Don't ask me how I know all this..)
(Yalla! Scroll up and take the quiz and then come back here. I'm watching you...)
Dana International (Ariel) is a singer who was banned in Egypt.
Dana is a Yemeni Jew (like Ofra Haza) who sings in The Worst-Accented Arabic In All The World (like Dalida, Allah yerhamha, whom I adore), and who dresses in women's clothes (like Dennis Rodman).
Actually, last I heard, "she" was getting ready for a "gender-reassignment" operation..
This is actually the reason "she" was banned from Egyptian nightclubs (are there even Egyptian nightclubs? Like the ones in the States, I mean? God forbid...!), despite some excellent songs, like Ani Lo Yechola Biladecha, Cinque Milla, Saida Sultana, Diva, Magnona, Woman In Love (yes, the one by Barbra), and Free.
(Don't ask me how I know all this..)
Comments