Dear Giza...

I have two versions of a report on a riot in Al Ayat in Egypt, as well as one about a village near Beni Mazar.
The Beni Mazar one resulted in one Coptic death, and the other riot had either eight INJURIES or DEATHS.
While accounts seem to vary on this, I suspect the riot to have resulted in injuries, rather than deaths.
This time around, anyway..
At any rate, started missing dear Egypt and got very sad over what's happening
there--to my people, the Copts, but also to every Egyptian, since we're all actually brothers, and I don't think it's being melodramatic to say that more Egyptians suffer from "the way things are" than not.Anyone who loves Egypt should love everyone in our dear country. This may sound childish and foolish, but I don't really care. I may not have to LIKE every person--especially those who torment me--but it's a sin to hate them.
At any rate, I put my rapidly-deteriorating philosophy down and cheered myself up with these photos I took this past August.
I think it's very interesting that there were so many Westerners and Americans there at the time; I mean, tourists can never stay away from our dear Egypt, but at the same time, there were riots and protests
(I got some great shots, by the way) and here I am walking through Grand Central Station. At any rate, I'm in the photo-sharing mood, so watch out, and check back tomorrow inshallah. Salaam 3alekom and may God bless each of you. . . .. :)
Comments