It WOULD Be Blue..
Greetings, AntiSocialites. Hope each and every one of you is well. I sorely miss the days when I could post a few times a day--all coherent, all relevant, at any and ALL times I wanted to. Alas, things have grown difficult here, and my time isn't mine right now. Inshallah may it change very soon, but anyway.Wanted to share this photo with you all.. a girl I know sent it to me; it started out as a chain letter, but then I got hold of it, and have decided to share it with you all. (This whole "adding photos" thing rocks, n'est-ce pas? So does the audiblogger function. I have a veritable broadcasting station from this page, and it costs nothing. Blogger is the prince of all the world.)
At any rate, this photo, purported to only be--wait, I'll just share the message with you. I have no idea who started it, but anyway..
"This is AWESOME!
This photo is a very rare one, taken by NASA. This kind of event occurs once in 3000 years.
This photo has done miracles in many lives.
Make a wish ... you have looked at the eye of God.
Surely you will see the changes in your life within a day.
Whether you believe it or not, don't keep this mail with you.
Pass this at least to 7 persons.
This is a picture NASA took with the hubble telescope.
Called "The Eye of God".
Too awesome to delete. It is worth sharing."
Well, it's an interesting image, I'll give them that. On the other hand, it doesn't look untouched to my practiced eye. I think Adobe may have had a hand in the almost unbelievably excellent image, but anyway.
I wonder, however, how they determined that God's eye was blue.
I would normally start spinning theories of Orientalism and Subjugated Master Theory, but with my recent luck at writing in this state (meaning a state in which I get about an hour of sleep a night--if I'm lucky), I would not only make the gaffe that I made yesterday, which was that of totally forgetting about North Korea, BUT I would probably define "Orientalism" as "the State of mind found in the nation of Orientale."
Ahh. I'll see if I can scare up a little something for thy perusal.
May God go with you and til later,
sally sall
Comments