Kidnapped Coptic Co-Eds and Egyptian American Antisocialites
A few quick points for today's posting..
1- A Christian (Coptic) girl was kidnapped from her dorm in Egypt this past week.
For those of you who don't know, this is SO not the first time an above-toddlerhood girl has been kidnapped in Egypt; many point the finger at extremist Muslims who are trying to force the girls to convert.. Others, however, claim that these girls are either seduced (and, thus, go willingly) or are unhappy with some aspect of their young life, and decide to just "up and leave," as they say here in the South.
In any case, a girl is not where she's supposed to be, and we should all pray for her safety.
On to the next one..
Point # 2- Contrary to the name of my column-esque blog, or bloggish column,I am NOT anti-social, and neither am I anti-socialite or anti-society.
That is, I don't hate people, socialites, or society.
I am not another Unabomber. (I'm not nearly as good at math, for one..)
What prompted this comment is that certain Egyptians have recently asked me why I hate everyone; as you all know, I not only don't hate anyone, I am actually thought to be (by people who know me, or who have had some form of interaction with me, whether online, at work, etc.) too affectionate and/or too childish in my affection; basically, 'simple' and 'slow,' in a kind of "Rainman" sort of way.
I have no idea how 'slow' and 'affectionate' are supposed to be related, but it's true that my idealistic hopes for 'everyone getting along' can be a bit on the childish side, but whatever.
Didn't Jesus tell his friends to "let the children come unto me" and that our faith should be as that of a child? Hmph.
How dare people think me slow just because I truly have hope that things CAN improve? Hmph!
By the way, the reason I got this name is because I heartily disapprove of today's society.
I used to think that it was America I didn't like, or the West, but then I realised that it was actually just the new breed of people--immoral, rude, impolite, impatient, uncaring of elders, disrespectful, no akhlaq, etc.--that I didn't like. America doesn't have the corner on such people, and neither is Egypt (or any country, really) exempt from such things.
Again, we must pray that God would, as we say in Arabic "ya3a2al kolli 7ad and yeshfiihom" if they need it.
Finally, my LAST and CHEERIEST post for this day is that... My DVDS are finally out!
Yes, both documentaries are on DVD, and y'all are going to be hearing about them for the next week, at least. (Scroll down a bit to have a look at the covers.)
Visit Channel X to have a look at them online (streaming) if you want..
You can get there from this month's X Culture Magazine.
Anyway, too tired to write another word (it is, after all, 5:11 am on a school night!) so more later.
Love to all.. sally :)
ps- Yes, I'm STILL ILL. Achoo!
1- A Christian (Coptic) girl was kidnapped from her dorm in Egypt this past week.
For those of you who don't know, this is SO not the first time an above-toddlerhood girl has been kidnapped in Egypt; many point the finger at extremist Muslims who are trying to force the girls to convert.. Others, however, claim that these girls are either seduced (and, thus, go willingly) or are unhappy with some aspect of their young life, and decide to just "up and leave," as they say here in the South.
In any case, a girl is not where she's supposed to be, and we should all pray for her safety.
On to the next one..
Point # 2- Contrary to the name of my column-esque blog, or bloggish column,I am NOT anti-social, and neither am I anti-socialite or anti-society.
That is, I don't hate people, socialites, or society.
I am not another Unabomber. (I'm not nearly as good at math, for one..)
What prompted this comment is that certain Egyptians have recently asked me why I hate everyone; as you all know, I not only don't hate anyone, I am actually thought to be (by people who know me, or who have had some form of interaction with me, whether online, at work, etc.) too affectionate and/or too childish in my affection; basically, 'simple' and 'slow,' in a kind of "Rainman" sort of way.
I have no idea how 'slow' and 'affectionate' are supposed to be related, but it's true that my idealistic hopes for 'everyone getting along' can be a bit on the childish side, but whatever.
Didn't Jesus tell his friends to "let the children come unto me" and that our faith should be as that of a child? Hmph.
How dare people think me slow just because I truly have hope that things CAN improve? Hmph!
By the way, the reason I got this name is because I heartily disapprove of today's society.
I used to think that it was America I didn't like, or the West, but then I realised that it was actually just the new breed of people--immoral, rude, impolite, impatient, uncaring of elders, disrespectful, no akhlaq, etc.--that I didn't like. America doesn't have the corner on such people, and neither is Egypt (or any country, really) exempt from such things.
Again, we must pray that God would, as we say in Arabic "ya3a2al kolli 7ad and yeshfiihom" if they need it.
Finally, my LAST and CHEERIEST post for this day is that... My DVDS are finally out!
Yes, both documentaries are on DVD, and y'all are going to be hearing about them for the next week, at least. (Scroll down a bit to have a look at the covers.)
Visit Channel X to have a look at them online (streaming) if you want..
You can get there from this month's X Culture Magazine.
Anyway, too tired to write another word (it is, after all, 5:11 am on a school night!) so more later.
Love to all.. sally :)
ps- Yes, I'm STILL ILL. Achoo!
Comments