Have You Been Cubed?

While I was hiding from my stats book, I was (as I mentioned a few minutes ago), watching a film called "Serendipity."

Anyway, as I was taking in the (very unfortunate) deleted scenes, I came across a game, titled (by Kate Beckinsale) "Have you been cubed?", which apparently comes from Sufi mystics, although I haven't asked them, so maybe they didn't come up with it.

Very simply, this is how it goes...

1- Imagine a desert.
2- Imagine a cube in this desert.
3- Imagine a ladder in this desert.
4- Imagine a horse in this desert.

Once you've described them (in some detail) in your head, you get an interpretation.

This link tells you more about The Whole Thing

This is an example of the way your description may look..

"I imagined a clear cube, the size of a small house (not sure if it was Plexiglas or glass or a square bubble, even..) aligned with the ground (flat) but floating a foot or so in the air. The sky is the deepest electric blue you can imagine the daylight allowing..

A one-piece metal ladder is coming out of the top of the cube, stretching up to heaven.

The horse is a very powerful, dark one, and is situated in the centre of the cube."


Anyway, it's a very interesting window on your own psyche... if you believe in psychoanalysis.. (No, Mommy, this isn't New Age, I promise.)

Comments

Popular Posts