Have You Ever Felt That...
Everything is so wrong that you just want to drop out of sight for a month or 7 and not do anything?
Or, if you're in any sliver of the beast that is the public eye, you just want to take a (much) less glorious job and much quieter stance and just be for a while?
That's how I feel today.
I kind of want to stop teaching college, although when I see how my children have gotten so involved in the past month alone, it makes me sort of---SORT OF--not mind the bad days.
But it may not be worth it.
All I DO know is that I shall have my sulk now and probably be back to my famous, perky self in the next 8 hours.
Or else, I might just stop writing (everything--not just here, but the books, the articles, the columns, even the lectures..) and trade my horn-rimmed spectacles for a green apron and work at the cafe in Barnes and Noble.
I can just see it now.
My black hair and scary eyes and interesting choice of earrings might make the poseur goths flock to me (as they did in college), but then I'd pull a fast one on these Robert Smiths and Peter Murphys to be, and lecture them on the human rights violations in Tunisia, or something like that.
EUREKA!
I know what's been bugging me these past days!
It's raining! The sound of water slapping the concrete of my porch is enough to drive me bonkers. I only just realised it because it stopped for a moment, and came back, louder than ever.
That's odd, it just stopped. I think God wanted to snap me out of my sulk and make me go back to studying statistics again. (I did, you know, just plunk down three bucks on a blue geometrically-printed binder from Wal Mart, for the express purpose of sorting "notes" from "Exercises and answers"..)
So I'll stop mucking about here and go put on Calamity Jane or Diary of a Mad Black Woman or even Pillow Talk (you can see that drag queens and Doris Day smile-fests are commensurate in my warped brain) and start reading about the joys of SPSS for Windows!
Or, if you're in any sliver of the beast that is the public eye, you just want to take a (much) less glorious job and much quieter stance and just be for a while?
That's how I feel today.
I kind of want to stop teaching college, although when I see how my children have gotten so involved in the past month alone, it makes me sort of---SORT OF--not mind the bad days.
But it may not be worth it.
All I DO know is that I shall have my sulk now and probably be back to my famous, perky self in the next 8 hours.
Or else, I might just stop writing (everything--not just here, but the books, the articles, the columns, even the lectures..) and trade my horn-rimmed spectacles for a green apron and work at the cafe in Barnes and Noble.
I can just see it now.
My black hair and scary eyes and interesting choice of earrings might make the poseur goths flock to me (as they did in college), but then I'd pull a fast one on these Robert Smiths and Peter Murphys to be, and lecture them on the human rights violations in Tunisia, or something like that.
EUREKA!
I know what's been bugging me these past days!
It's raining! The sound of water slapping the concrete of my porch is enough to drive me bonkers. I only just realised it because it stopped for a moment, and came back, louder than ever.
That's odd, it just stopped. I think God wanted to snap me out of my sulk and make me go back to studying statistics again. (I did, you know, just plunk down three bucks on a blue geometrically-printed binder from Wal Mart, for the express purpose of sorting "notes" from "Exercises and answers"..)
So I'll stop mucking about here and go put on Calamity Jane or Diary of a Mad Black Woman or even Pillow Talk (you can see that drag queens and Doris Day smile-fests are commensurate in my warped brain) and start reading about the joys of SPSS for Windows!
Comments