Yes, I'm Feeling Fiesty.

And here's why.

1- I've spent the entire day working on a project that I've been putting off for at least 4 months. (Cleaning out the closet. Finally brought myself to put away 47 sweaters and some turtlenecks and a jacket and this white blouse that I'll never in my LIFE wear, unless I hit 107 lbs.)

2- I relaunched my "get fit!" campaign and did some kickboxing today, the first I've done since I busted my knee a few months back. Methinks the knee hath healed!

3- I'm getting back into my musical endeavours, and have written lyrics and music to 4 songs this week.

4- My musical escapade made me start missing the whole "playing music" thing. Like, my hands are aching for an electric 12-string to test out these new tunes.

5- I finished a short film (yesterday, actually) for film class, hence one less thing to worry about!

6- While making this testament to great film-making, I donned a fun wig. Since I wasn't happy with the ossa, I cut it into a better (more flattering and less redneck) shape. Goodbye Mullet, hello Axl Rose. (Translation: It rocks now.)

7- I came to a brilliant decision--even if I get expelled from the PhD program, it's ok, because I have lots of options! I totally forgot about the fact that I've written 4 books (and have more in the works), made 3 documentaries (taking a break from that for a month!), edit 3 magazines (no comment), write more than I probably should, teach college, do fashion photography, AND can give you the best highlights you've never had.

This does not mean I won't kill myself trying to make a passing grade in Statistics!

Just that I won't kill myself if I DON'T.

Comments

Popular Posts