Facebook and 7 Wara2at Kotshena

I was just updating my profile on Facebook, which I've done twice since the thing came out, and realised something funny as I filled out the "films" bit--I always cry at the end of 7 Playing Cards (Roubi) and Abi Fawk el Shagara (3abdel 7aleem).
 
Is it because I'm sad at the endings? Mayhap...
 
Also, however, they have much in common.
 
Maybe I should skip acculturation and do my dissertation on the parallel lines that these two excellent films are drawn upon?
 
By the way, I don't care what anyone says, I think that 7 brings up some good points--for example, when Roubi's character said that she wasn't immoral and going home with guys, and rather just liked to dance--is this the new direction that Egyptian society is going into??
 
That "just dancing" is ok as long as you don't do anything? That makes said girls little better than a tease (English word!).
 
Anyway, more later, as I'm suddenly struck down by sleeping sickness (meaning "I finally got normal," muahaha. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts