The "Jesus Alive" Discussion
Would Jesus have used the phrase "F--- Mubarak" ?
Methinks not. Most people have probably never seen the messageboard, since it keeps shifting to all locations in the sidebar.
Nonetheless, have a look at what one bitter Egyptian of indeterminate religion (who signs off as "Jesus Alive" or "Salib" and cites Baba Shenouda's website as his own) has to say to me, apparently:
05/05/2006 10:05:26
You happy because of what happen to us in Egypt and you are resting in a cozy retirement home spending your RRSP money
Bro, how can you think I, or anyone, is happy about what's happening in Egypt? How could I benefit at all from your or Egypt's suffering?
Some Egyptians living outside of Egypt (including me) spend hours a day trying to make Egypt livable and peaceful for all Egyptians.
And if you think that Americans my age (twenty something) are living it up with lots of money, then you obviously haven't heard about the fact that the U.S. government is 'borrowing' our retirement funds to pay off their debts, and send foreign aid to countries that likely misuse the money.
When an angry denizen of Upper Egypt recently accused a friend of mine (who now lives in the States) of being an American now and forgetting his roots, he responded with "If I didn't care about Egypt, why would I spend my time, my money, and my safety to try and improve the condition of a country I no longer live in?"
Indeed, if I live in the States with lots of money and no worries, why would I spend my time, my health, my reputation, my emotions, my tears, and money that I don't have on trying to make a positive change that everyone can live with?
I am sorry at your misdirected anger and frustration; believe me, I also am frustrated, sad and upset..
But striking out at the people who are trying--with their blood, sweat and tears--to help... this is a sad thing, and I will pray for you.
May God use your anger and passion to His glory, and for the sake of His beloved land, Masr!
Comments