Oh My Goth, They've Proliferated
Yes, it's true!
I thought that the Pet Shop Boys DVD would end before the "Orange CD" (The one with "Go West" and "Yesterday, When I was Mad"), but I was pleasantly surprised.
That was around.. track 21 or so.
And now?
Now we're at track THIRTY, and the songs keep coming!
I can't say the songs are all that impressive (this must truly be the SINGLES and not the greatest hits), as they've left the whole gigolo thing and gone to artificially enhanced pastures, namely, Neil Tennant's happiness with Mother England.
Wow, the previous track was techno Samba, and now I'm being hit between the eyes with electronic beats and an off-key piano slamming to billboard images of lights shaped in "Have Patience" and "Worth the Wait!"
What? Have I stumbled into an infomercial promoting celibacy and abstention until marriage?
Not that I'm knocking it, I'm all for Akhlaq, but this video is truly ridiculous.
Now there is an older gent in a cowboy hat trying to lasso a little boy on the face of a Grand Canyon-esque location in the UK.
Oh no, now there's a techno "cover" of "Somewhere" from West Side Story, complete with a synthetic brass band and string section.
I literally never thought I'd live to see the day this would happen.
I would have been less surprised to learn that I'd happened to marry the Anti-Christ and borne him a miniature baby devil, seriously.
I'm so astounded that I have to stop writing now and go break something.
Sally Bishai
Editor-In-Chief
:.X:.Culture Magazine
www.xculturemag.com
Editor-In-Chief
:.X:.Culture Magazine
www.xculturemag.com
Updated Daily! The AntiSocialite @
www.sallybishai.com
Comments